I was amazed at how good this recipe was. Baked, not fried! Quinoa crust? Very strange but surprisingly delicious. It packs a lot of protein and nutrition without sacrificing flavor. That’s my mantra. Yes eat clean and healthy but it better be tasty. The fresh mozzarella and basil on top are the icing to the cake and I think even if you’re an Italian you’ll love this meal. Ciao!
Quinoa Chicken ParmesanPrint Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or storebought
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in Italian seasoning.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat.
Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cheeses and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5 more minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.