It’s been a long week. Since it’s snowing outside and I’m exhausted, I wanted to eat some comfort food 👌🏼. This recipe is so delicious, packed full of veggies, high protein and fiber. Then add some spices and cheese? Yes please. On top of all of that it’s a one pot meal and is done in 30 minutes, which means less dishes for me and more relax time. You will absolutely love this dish! Bon appetite!
One Pot Chile Mac & CheesePrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces ground beef or buffalo
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces elbows pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef or buffalo, and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.