Who doesn’t love taco Tuesday? It’s the best! These tacos will blow your mind. They don’t have any taco seasoning either!! They are seriously the best you’ll ever eat. These tacos have three secret ingredients, honey 🍯, chipotle peppers in adobo, and cinnamon!!! Who puts cinnamon in their tacos besides me…..go make them and they will be your favorite for life. 🍴🌮
Chipolte Chicken TacosPrint Recipe
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large cloves garlic, chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, less than 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 tsp ground coriander (a scant 1/3 palmful)
- 1 tsp ground cumin (a scant 1/3 palmful)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp pureed chipotle in adobo (can is in Mexican food aisle, blend in the blender and store leftover peppers and adobo in the freezer in a marked food storage bag)
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- Taco shells
Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil, a turn of the pan. When oil smokes, add chicken and crumble as it browns.
Add onions and garlic, and season with salt, pepper, cinnamon, coriander and cumin. Stir to toast the spices then add chipotles, stock and remaining teaspoon honey.
Bring to a bubble then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes, adding more stock to keep moist if necessary.
Add juice of remaining lime and remove from heat to serve.
Warm taco shells
Fill shells with chicken, cheese, pickled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and hot sauce.
Credit: Rachael Ray