Who doesn’t love queso? I’m obsessed with it. This recipe is excellent and our favorite. We eat it with chips, for dinner parties, and even as a dip for my ballpark pretzel crusted chicken (to come soon). It’s super versatile and very impressive since it’s made from scratch and doesn’t have fake cheese and crap in it. I try to make 90% of what we put in our bodies from scratch. No need for chemicals, preservatives, and junk. Plus it tastes so much better! Make this again and again just like we do!
Restaurant Style Queso BlancoPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 large jalapeño, seeds and stem removed; minced
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4-2/3 cup cream, half-and-half, or whole milk
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
Add onion and jalapeño; cook until softened, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low; add cheese and 1/4 cup of the cream.
Stir until almost melted.
Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serve hot with chips.
Add a tbsp or two of flour if it needs thickening, also helps bind the cheese and oils Credit: fakeginger.com