I have a pretty decent obsession with my crockpot. After a long day at work, it’s so nice once a week to come home to dinner already done! It shreds meat in a matter of hours and intensifies the flavor of whatever you make simmering all day. This White Chicken Chile is a big time favorite of all of my recipes. It’s a crowd pleaser too! My mother in law just made it for her book club and they all wanted the recipe! It’s creamy, flavorful, and downright tasty. I’m thinking the word of this blog has become “tasty”…….
This recipe is easy as pie, just throw almost everything in when you wake up, and it’ll be ready when you get home! Ahhhhhh relax, eat a warm bowl and go nigh night.
White Chicken ChilePrint Recipe
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- (3) 4.5 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 15 ounce can white corn, drained
- 2 15.5 ounce cans white beans, drained (Cannellini or Great Northern are good)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bullion chicken base
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Place chicken breasts on the bottom of a crockpot, and add chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chicken broth, green chiles, corn and beans. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
About an hour before serving: In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, and allow to bubble and brown a bit. After a few minutes, gradually whisk in the milk and chicken base.
Allow the sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, whisking frequently until it is slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
Pour sauce into crockpot and mix to combine.
Add sour cream and mix.
If chicken has not already shredded with stirring, take out large pieces, shred them with two forks, and return to the crockpot.
Let the chicken chili cook on low 1 more hour if you can.